We’re always looking for
A+ players to support our growing business.
Energy Engineer (Consultant)
Energia is looking for competent, qualified energy performance development engineers to assist in the technical evaluation of energy performance contracting (EPC) proposals, ESCO interviews, Comprehensive Energy Audit reviews, field inspections, design, and/or Measurement and Verification on a project-by-project basis. Experience in the field of Energy Performance Contracting/work for an ESCO is ideal. This position would be on a 10-99 basis. Great opportunity for lucrative side work.
- Must have direct industry experience working with Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs), Energy Savings
- Improvement Plan (ESIPs), Guaranteed Energy Savings Agreements (GESAs), etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science and/or Masters Degree in Engineering
- PE, BEMP, CEM, CEA, or EIT Accreditation
- Direct experience in the Energy Performance Contracting industry a plus
- Strong working knowledge of the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocols (IPMVP)
- Understanding of M&V plan development based on project scope & goals
- Energy Auditing – ASHRAE Level I, II, and III
- Experience in the energy field including energy efficiency, distributed energy generation, combined heat and power (cogeneration), energy project economics, utility rate analysis, renewable energy, HVAC, central heating and cooling plants
- Experience calculating the associated energy savings in steam, hydronic, refrigeration, HVAC, lighting, turbines, air compressors, motors, and other commercial building systems
- Knowledge of building and energy codes as well as energy standards in the Tri-State area
- Excellent oral and written communications skills